Data Developer Engineer
Business Support Area~Advanced Analytics
Would you like to work in a dynamic, international, technological environment, helping build something great from the ground up?
Following the Admiral Group Business Strategy, Admiral EU is launching an ambitious Data & Analytics (D&A) initiative to build strong foundations in terms of skills, governance and technology. In many areas of our business, data is essential to better understand the challenges that we face to make sound strategic and operational decisions.
We have been delivering business value from Big Data and Machine Learning for a few years, and we now seek to industrialize and automate the whole D&A value chain.
We are currently building our Agile teams and we would like to onboard skilled and motivated candidates like you!
The Data Developer Engineer builds the data pipelines for data preparation and transformation, including raw data ingestion and curated data.
Data Developer Engineer should be also responsible for implementing the data models which contain the KPIs and that are the source for key analysis defined by the business.
The Data Developer Engineer should also help more junior Data Developer Engineers in case of difficult tasks and should share with the team his/her technical expertise.
- Work with the Data Architects to ensure development is aligned with the target architecture
- Develop the data ingestion processes to stream the data in the Data lake, both in real time and batch mode
- Implement the mechanism to generate the curated data layer with the different dataset available for the business
- Implement the MLOps enabler to accelerate the implementation of ML algorithms at the enterprise level
- Building the datawarehouse framework to speed up the star model generation
- Focus on the development of the target architecture following the design set up by the Data Architects
- Be responsible for developing the data ingestion pipelines to stream the data in the data platform
- Be involved in the creation and structuring of the curated layer
- Participate in the DWH implementation and will support the KPIs generation
- Work in an Agile Team closely with Agile Release Train, the Product Owner and Scrum Master to execute the task assigned to achieve the AgileTeam goals in particular communicate with Scrum Master to escalate impediments or improvement for the Agile Team
- Work closely with the Data Architects to implement the target architecture
- Participate in Agile Team and Agile Release Train ceremonies (e.g. PI plannings, Sprint plannings, Retrospectives, Daily scrums)
- Participate to Data Engineering Community of Practices ceremonies, in particular Chapters, to share his or her technical expertise
This is you!
- 4-5 years of experience in Data Management and Big Data Technologies, in particular: SQL, Spark, PySpark and Python
- Experience in Data warehouses modeling
- Experience with BI tools (preferred: Microstrategy or QuickSight)
- Proficiency with AWS Cloud Computing Services (Glue, Kinesys, EMR, CDK, Terraform, Redshift and SageMaker)
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Git, Jupyter Notebook, Liquibase, pip, R, Java, Docker, Gitflow
Place of work: Rome (Hybrid Model)
ConTe.it is a place where you can be yourself and get reward and recognition, here we want to share with you how:
- We adapted our performance management to Agile at scale. It means frequent feedback and peer recognition. We have been breathing Agile for 5 years because it fits with our culture, not for market trends.
- We converted our career path to Agile Manifesto principles: Welcome change over following a plan. It means that we have very flexible career opportunities in line with your potential and expectations because we truly welcome change.
- People over Process: you can live in a long term journey in a primary online insurance and certified Great Place to Work.
- Way of Working: we work hybrid according to our smart working policy in brand new and safe offices near Virgin Gym and Shopping Center.
- Innovation: We dedicate a space on cadence for Innovation and we welcome the test & learn approach.
- International: We work together hybrid with spanish, indians and many other internationals of the Admiral Group family.
- Join Meetup and practice as a speaker if you are passionate about technology and agility. We love continuous learning and quality.
- Learn Amazon Web Services if you are interested in increasing your technical knowledge.
- Enjoy our benefits (Admiral shares, discounts, welfare and wellbeing to be happy in ConTe, because people who like what they do, do it better!)