Senior Data Engineer – Lending Business Unit
Business Support Area~InnoLab
An exciting opportunity to be part of a start-up in the Consumer Credit market within Italy. We will be looking to bring together the most progressive solutions within Fintech alongside our internal group IP, to deliver a truly unique and differentiated solution within the marketplace. You will join a brand new team based in Rome, who will collectively design, create and launch the full end to end business. To be part of this team, we are seeking a highly ambitious, Senior Data Engineer with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
The hire will be responsible for creating and optimizing our data architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Engage and lead the team of outsourcing partners defining the data requirements, tracking the advancements and guaranteeing the expected delivery.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role.
- Experience in working with financial and regulatory data either in a bank, financial institution or consulting.
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Entrepreneurial and proactive attitude, solid track record of problem solving and autonomous project management.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, etc
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Location: Rome, some travelling to the UK possible