Engineering Manager - Business Unit Loans
Business Support Area~InnoLab
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to include within the team.
What will you do
- You will be the technical reference for the architectural and design description of the features for the entire technology stack.
- You will be the main person in charge of technical quality, and you will have to deal with the professional growth of any resources directly reporting to you.
- You will be the direct manager of the external delivery team and the reference point for the design of the technological architecture.
Specifically, you will deal with:
- Guide the definition of the technical roadmap;
- Make sure that the technical solutions, defined together with the agile team, meet business requests and are aligned with the company’s technological vision;
- Verify that the software systems comply with the maintainability, reliability, scalability and security requirements defined by the company;
- Define and monitor the most appropriate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) metrics;
- Support the development team in delivering the initiatives on schedule to obtain incremental and shared releases;
- Ensure that the composition of the team is suitable for achieving the set objectives;
- Facilitate the training, growth and personal satisfaction of each team member;
- Create and maintain a peaceful and stimulating work environment.
You are the ideal candidate if you meet these requirements:
- Ability to lead a team with humility and empathy, with esteem and learning from the perspectives of others;
- Strong empathy for people and willingness to build and maintain lasting relationships with all colleagues;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex technical contents clearly and concisely to different types of interlocutors;
- Previous experience as an Engineering Manager or other technical leadership role;
- Experience and mentoring skills for less experienced Software Developers;
- personal interest in personal development and growth;
- Extensive technical experience (at least five years);
- Be comfortable discussing both software architecture and functionality/strategy issues with Software Developers and Product Managers;
- Ability to assess hard and soft skills for Software Developers during a hiring process;
- Ability to properly define the need to change the composition of the team to carry out the planned initiatives;
- Great passion for technology and software development;
- Consolidated skills of technical and functional analysis with the ability to express any challenges, founded and rational, to the requirements provided by the business;
- Proven ability to break down broad functionality requirements into smaller, individually releasable parts;
- Ability to keep track of the progress of initiatives, identify bottlenecks and propose solutions to remove any impediments;
- Ability to manage external workforce;
In addition to the basic requirements, we will carefully evaluate these characteristics:
- Experience with AWS cloud services (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, API Gateway. Certifications on public cloud AWS Solution Architect is appreciated);
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages (Java, C++, C#, Python);
- Experience with the design and implementation of microservices in a vast ecosystem;
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores;
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets;
- Experience working with financial or another highly regulated industry such as bank, financial institution or consulting firm.